Re: Missing libmx.so

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: Missing libmx.so
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:58:41 +0100

It's hard to make out what the problem could be, especially since I don't have your source files. Send the complete error messages. Are you compiling with warnings enabled? What version are you running? Now for the standard library debugging: What does ldd mexfile say? What does nm mexfile | grep mxErrMsgTxt say?

hth
David

Andreas Kuntzagk skrev:
Hey thanks, that took me some steps further.

Now (after many problems I managed to solve myself) it complains about missing symbol mxErrMsgTxt when running the code. It does not complain when run mkoctfile --mex

Do I need to link something?

(sorry I'm not an matlab or octave expert)

regards, Anddreas

David Grundberg wrote:
Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to run a matlab app with octave. When I do this i get some error:

error: libmx.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error: called from: <my matlab code>.m

So do I need to install an additional lib? Do I need to set an option when building octave (I just set --enable-shared") or it what I want totally stupid and there is no way to run this matlab programm?

regards, Andreas