Re: Octave equivalent of Matlab's rand??

From: Julien Martin
Subject: Re: Octave equivalent of Matlab's rand??
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:01:04 +0100

Functions calls with
no arguments may be written without ()
Oh, I see... Interesting!

Yes I did try it but it returned an error that had nothing to do with the rand function but rather to my misunderstanding of QtOctave.

Thanks a lot anyway!

J.

P.S. Do you think I can post question here about working with QtOctave?

2009/11/13 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
On 13-Nov-2009, Julien Martin wrote:

| 1. I would like to know what is the Octave equivalent of Matlab's "*rand*"
| keyword (look at line 2 and note that there are no parentheses).

It's not a keyword in either Matlab or Octave.  Functions calls with
no arguments may be written without ().  Octave has a rand function,
so I would expect your code to work in both Octave and Matlab.  Did
you try it?

jwe