Re: Plotting issues: arrows and label font size

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Plotting issues: arrows and label font size
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:00:06 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 12-Nov-2009, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
>
> | For the record I'm using Octave 3.0 on Ubuntu 9.10 with gnuplot 4.2.5.
> | So perhaps it's a gnuplot issue?  I would prefer not to have to install
> | a more recent version from source, as I like to keep within the packages
> | my distro offers as much as possible ...
>
> As I recall, there were a lot of improvements in the graphics system
> going frmo 3.0 to 3.2, so that might be worth upgrading.  Isn't there
> an Ubuntu package for 3.2.3?

There is (actually it's 3.2.2, they are not completely up to date...)
but there is an unfortunate clash with octave-forge packages: these
require octave3.0.

3.0 and 3.2 can be installed concurrently but I guess the octave-forge
stuff will still be limited to 3.0: it's installed in the 3.0 package
directory.

As it happens, I realise I'm not actually using any octave-forge stuff
so it's not such an issue FOR ME, but it is an issue.  (I did have some
stuff installed, but I've not actually been using it in practise. :-P )

However, I can happily confirm that the 'fontsize' option of xlabel now
does work in 3.2 :-)

Thanks and best wishes,

    -- Joe