using symbol in matrix

From: zmyx
Subject: using symbol in matrix
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:31:33 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to create a matrix of symbols but it doesn't work. Is this
possible to do with Octave? If yes, how to do it?

Here is how i tried and as you can see there are error messages.

> y = sym("y")
y =

octave-3.2.3.exe:3:D:\Octave\3.2.3_gcc4.4.0\bin
> x = [y y]
error: octave_base_value::resize (): wrong type argument `ex'
error: octave_base_value::resize (): wrong type argument `<unknown type>'

This error happens both in my Linux and Windows installation of Octave.

Thanks for all the help in advance!