Plotting issues: arrows and label font size

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Plotting issues: arrows and label font size
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:42:34 +0100

Hello all,

A couple of quick plotting queries that I haven't been able to find an
effective answer to browsing docs or list archives.  I'm running Octave
3.0 on Ubuntu.

First: is it possible to add arrowheads to plotted lines?  I'm thinking
of an arrow that rises from the X axis to meet a plotted curve, or goes
across from the Y axis.  This kind of thing:

   |            .
   |--------> .
   |      .   |
   |   .      |
   | .        |
   |.         v
   ------------------

It's not so difficult to post-produce in Inkscape but would be nicer to
just do it in Octave. :-)

Second: axis label sizes.  I think I'm doing the right thing by setting

  xlabel('X','fontsize',16)

... but although getting the properties of the label with get() reveals
the fontsize value has been set correctly, when I use the print command
to output an EPS file the font size is not changed.  Is it me or Octave
who is doing things wrong? :-P

Thanks & best wishes,

    -- Joe