Sharing editable plots with non-octave users

From: Pablo
Subject: Sharing editable plots with non-octave users
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:30:40 -0500

Hi, everyone!

I know this question is a bit hard, so I don't expect a solution that
fixes everything. I just want to know what your
recommendations/experiences are.

I've recently switched to Octave for my data analysis and plotting
needs, but I often need to show plots to my advisor. She uses primarily
Origin, and is somewhat familiar with Matlab. I've been printing plots
to png to send them to her, but obviously that means she can't zoom,
edit them, or try to fit the data by herself. Is there any better way to
do things? It's important that it should be as little cumbersome for her
as possible.

All I could think of is to save the post-processed data in a file, make
some script to plot them in Matlab and send her the data, script and a
png plot. It's not an ideal solution, because I need to edit the script
for each plot (to set the zoom, titles and whatnot) and I don't always
have Matlab available to test it, but it's doable.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance,
  Arnoques