Re: gnuplot 4.5

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: gnuplot 4.5
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:04:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, address@hidden wrote:

< thanks for the help - I got the right gnuplot to work now.
<
< However, I still have a problem understand which version of gnuplot
< octave uses. On startup, it says
<
< gnuplot_binary
< ans = gnuplot
<
< When I run
<
< which gnuplot
<
< on my terminal, I get
<
< /my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot
<
< which is exactly the version 4.5 executable I want octave to use.
< However, if I don't call gnuplot_binary("/my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot"),
< octave uses the gnuplot 4.2 executable from /usr/bin ! I thought I
< could avoid that problem by adding
< gnuplot_binary(/my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot") to my .octaverc , but I ran
< into another problem: whichever variable gnuplot_binary writes to,
< this variable is deleted by "clear all". Most of my scripts start with
< clear all, so all the plotting in those scripts is done in gnuplot 4.2
< again!
<
< Can someone explain this behaviour to me and maybe suggest an easy way
< to deal with it? -

Try

clear -x gnuplot_binary

in place of clear all.

For more, look at

help clear

Leo

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.