Re: gnuplot 4.5

From: rpf
Subject: Re: gnuplot 4.5
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:19:23 +0100

thanks for the help - I got the right gnuplot to work now.

However, I still have a problem understand which version of gnuplot
octave uses. On startup, it says

gnuplot_binary
ans = gnuplot

When I run

which gnuplot

on my terminal, I get

/my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot

which is exactly the version 4.5 executable I want octave to use.
However, if I don't call gnuplot_binary("/my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot"),
octave uses the gnuplot 4.2 executable from /usr/bin ! I thought I
could avoid that problem by adding
gnuplot_binary(/my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot") to my .octaverc , but I ran
into another problem: whichever variable gnuplot_binary writes to,
this variable is deleted by "clear all". Most of my scripts start with
clear all, so all the plotting in those scripts is done in gnuplot 4.2
again!

Can someone explain this behaviour to me and maybe suggest an easy way
to deal with it? -

 thanks
--h