Re: gnuplot 4.5

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: gnuplot 4.5
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:11:56 +0100

tir, 10 11 2009 kl. 19:53 +0100, skrev address@hidden:
> When I now set the path to the gnuplot 4.5 executable with
> gnuplot_binary("/my/home/usr/bin/gnuplot") , I still cannot get the
> zoom to work. The zooming does work, when I just run gnuplot by
> itself, so the problem is within octave. When I call
> __gnuplot_version__ in octave, I get 4.2 -

Did you plot anything before calling 'gnuplot_binary'? The version
information is cached inside '__gnuplot_version__' meaning that it will
only be computed the first time you plot something.

You might want to try to call

  clear __gnuplot_version__

after calling 'gnuplot_binary'. Perhaps this should be done
automatically when you call 'gnuplot_binary', but I'm unsure if this
would have unwanted side-effects.

Søren