data base package

From: Philipp Leser
Subject: data base package
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:55:46 +0100

Hey guys, it’s me again.

Is there a possibility to install the data base package without installing all the additional packages that are mentioned in the system requirements section?

(swig, postgresql-8.2, postgresql-client-8.2, mysql-common, mysql-client-5.0, mysql-server-5.0, libmysqlclient15-dev, sqlite3, libsqlite3-dev, unixodbc-bin, unixodbc-dev, odbc-postgresql.).

As warnend in the  packages FAQ section I get a bunch of weird errors when run “ install pkg….” .

I don’t think I need the whole functionality and all the options, just want to select some data from an Oracle data base usindg JDBC.

Thanx in advance

Regards

Phil