Re: Multidimensional matrix

From: Alberto Frigerio
Subject: Re: Multidimensional matrix
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:28:40 +0100

OOPS I forgot one important information.

In my mind I would like to extend the usual matrix product using multidimensional matrix. Hence, given a (d,t,s) matrix ,V I want to find two matrices W (d,r,s1) and H (r,t,s2) so that V = W*H  (eventually s=s1=s2) .In my problem I have s=2, i.e. every element of the matrix V is a couple of elements.

I could obviously take the matrices V(:,:,1) , V(:,:,2) , etc, find the corrispective Wi and Hi and then create the matrices W and H by taking W(:,:,i)=Wi and H(:,:,i)=Hi. But it would mean to work in parallel, while I introduced the second parameter in s to have a better representation of V by W and H.