Re: qtoctave on Mac Os X 10.6 Snow Leopard - menus not working

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: qtoctave on Mac Os X 10.6 Snow Leopard - menus not working
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:44:21 +0100

Guido Walter Pettinari wrote:
Hi all!

I succesfully installed and compiled qtoctave (http://qtoctave.wordpress.com/ ) in my MacBook Pro running Mac Os X 10.6 aka Snow Leopard with QT 4.5.3. I strongly suggest this gui, it has functionality which in my opinion are, to some extent, even better than Matlab gui.

Everythink is working fine, but I have two problems:

1) Menus won’t load; both default ones in /usr/local/share/qtoctave/ menus and custom ones in ~/.qtoctave/menus won’t show up in the menu bar. The only entry is the useless ‘qtoctave’. The only exception is when the focus is on the editor window, where I can see the defualt editing menus (View, File, Edit, Run, Tools, Config). I can use qtoctave without menus, but I really would like to enable them;

2) I do not know how to use easy_plot. This is not a bug, it is just my ignorance :)

On a side note, did anybody manage to install the QT terminal for gnuplot on Snow Leopard? I get plenty of errors when compiling gnuplot witht the –eneable-qt option…

Thank you very much for any help!

Guido