Re: octave and delay ode's

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: octave and delay ode's
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:47:58 +0100

On 28 Oct 2009, at 12:02, franco basaglia wrote:

""I don't really understand your code""

Pratically I have to convert to Octave this Stella equation:
 dSi = 0.2×DELAY((F+0.5×U)×(1−GP),5)×(1−S)×(1−T)×AE

where (F+0.5×U)×(1−GP) lag behind by 5 time units. For the first 5 time units of the simulation, the delay will return the initial values.
So I use for cycle.

sorry, I don't know what "stella" is so I do not understand this syntax,
maybe you could describe your system in plain mathematical syntax?

""for solving DDEs you might want to take a look at the ode**d [1] in the octave-forge package "odepkg" [2]""

I know this package but I don't know how to apply to my system. I'm a newbie. Have you some examples?

yes, odepkg comes with a very nice set of examples and a pdf manual, type

odepkg_examples_dde ()

to see some DDE examples.
If you have installed odepkg, the manual should be located in the folder

~/octave/odepkg-0.6.9/doc

thanks

best regards
f.b.