Re: Building Octave Statically (and without graphics)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building Octave Statically (and without graphics)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:09:42 -0400

On 21-Oct-2009, Raymond at SDSU wrote:

| My application is also a cluster, without graphics support on the nodes.  I'm
| trying to build Octave from source on a cluster that I don't have root
| access to and even the X11 include files aren't there.  Is there an easy way
| to configure for a minimal build?

What have you tried?  If you configure with all the --without-PKG
options, then Octave should avoid using those packages.

If that doesn't work, then report the problem as a bug.  But since I
normally want to build full-featured versions of Octave, I'm not sure
that I would consider this a high priority problem, so patches to fix
any problems like this would be appreciated.

jwe