Re: Set size of printed plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Set size of printed plots
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:38:53 -0400

On Oct 23, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Thomas Göbel wrote:

Hi listmates,

i am printing my octave plots via
        print -depslatex -color -F:9 example.tex

to have the posibility to add equations to the x/y-labels of the plot.
The problem is i dont know how to set the size of the printed
example.tex plot?

In LaTeX i use \input{example} to place the graph.

Using gnuplot there is the switch
        set size

but i didnt found something similiar in octave.

How do you guys print plots to use it with LaTeX?

Many thanks,
Tom

I don't know which version of Octave you are using, but I'll assume you are using the latest release. If you change the papersize property for the figure, that should do what you want. For example, I expect the following will produce a result whose size is 2.5x3.5 inches.

        set (gcf, "papersize", [2.5, 3.5])

I'd appreciate it if you give that a try and let me know what the result is. It is likely that there is a bug here. If so either myself or someone else should fix it.

Ben