Re: Binaries for SLES10

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Binaries for SLES10
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:19:01 +0200

tir, 20 10 2009 kl. 13:50 +0200, skrev Andreas Kuntzagk:
> Unfortunately for me it is :-(
> Is there a list of prerequisites somewhere?

At my previous just I had to use SUSE as well, and getting Octave up and
running was not a particular joyful experience. SUSE is just not very
good at packaging basic scientific libraries, so you'll have to compile
a lot of stuff yourself from scratch.

You can get some (semi-old) Octave RPM's for SUSE by searching at

  http://software.opensuse.org/search

but (at least the last time I used them) they did not come with full
functionality (no QHull and no suite-sparse as far as I remember).

I'm sorry that the answer isn't more satisfactory, but in my experience
SUSE just isn't very good for scientific work :-(

Søren