Re: enabling immediate output behavior

From: Aditya Bhagwat
Subject: Re: enabling immediate output behavior
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:56:21 +0200

Dear Francesco,

Thanks for your help. Even while using disp(a) as you suggested, in the Emacs editor's inferior octave process, all output is kept till the last function evaluation has been performed, and only then sent to the screen. But luckily, the problem is not present when executing octave from my (ubuntu) bash terminal.

Regards,

Adi
   a=0;
   for i=1:5000
   a=a+1
   end
   a;

When I run this loop in octave, no output is sent to the terminal till the very last function evaluation has been performed.

Try this one:

    a=0; for i=1:5000
    a=a+1; disp (a);
    endfor

It will output 5000 lines showing the values assigned to a.