Re: emacs info reader for octave

From: Aditya Bhagwat
Subject: Re: emacs info reader for octave
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:30:15 +0200

Dear all,
I am trying to use the Emacs Info Reader for Octave. First, I installed gnuserv, that seemed to work fine. Then, I added following lines to my .emacs file:

(autoload 'octave-help "octave-hlp" nil t)
    (require 'gnuserv)
    (gnuserv-start)

Now, I am getting the following error message when emacs starts

   An error has occurred while loading `/home/abhagwat/.emacs':
   File error: Cannot open load file, gnuserv
Apparantly, gnuserv wasn't installed properly. After installing it through synaptic package manager (ubuntu 9.04), this error disappeared. However, a new error message is showing up now:
   Symbol's function definition is void: temp-directory

Does anyone have help for this?

Regards and many thanks,

Aditya