Re: Octave newbie

From: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: Octave newbie
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:41:23 +0200

Hi Tom,
I am quite sure you'll have to configure a path to where you installed your
octave binary.
So, go to the system settings of your computer and add in the
"environment/path" setting an entry at the end of the path-variable

PATH=xxxx;C:\Program Files\Octave\bin

where xxxx represents your current path setting - please recheck about the
";", I cannot remember for sure what is the path-separator in M$ as I hardly
use it.
Happy octavin'

Dieter

Am Mittwoch 14 Oktober 2009 19:19:44 schrieb Tom Coffey:
> I have a windows machine and recently downloaded Octave. I can run Octave
> by selecting it from the pulldown menu:"Start->All Programs->Gnu Octave->
*****

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)