Re: how to know number of lines from input file

From: macy
Subject: Re: how to know number of lines from input file
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 07:44:41 -0700 (PDT)

At the risk of sounding like a heretic here.  Have you looked at python?
A colleague of mine wrapped a python script around my octave script that
did much like you asked for.

In five minutes he had a script that read a file took out lines,
interpreted variations of those lines/files and basically removed
everything but just the data that I wanted.  And, when that data wasn't in
the right format for octave, his script changed the lines to make them
octave script compatible.  And, we're talking lots of variations and some
weird data files, too.

I think the latest python version that will run on Win98 is 2.5.4

Anyway, the two together are awesome.

Robert