New Octave User

From: damon christenbury
Subject: New Octave User
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:00:41 -0400

I appear to have installed it correctly, but the graphics will not display. I can issue figure and plot commands, and do not receive an error, but I do not see any figures. I can even issue get(gcf) command and get a complete list of the properties, but I cannot see it. Note also that icons in the applications folder have the 'NO' icon on top of the application icon, the one with the circle with the cross from 11am to 5 pm.

any ideas?