Re: Load data with script

From: Steffen Titze
Subject: Re: Load data with script
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:27:37 +0200

John W. Eaton schrieb:
On 16-Sep-2009, Steffen Titze wrote:

| -------- Original-Nachricht --------
| > Datum: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 03:45:30 -0400
| > Von: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
| > An: Steffen Titze <address@hidden>
| > CC: address@hidden
| > Betreff: Load data with script
| | > On 15-Sep-2009, Steffen Titze wrote: | > | > | i have written a script to load some values from a data file. With old | > | version of octave (3.0.3) i don´t had anyproblems. But with the new | > | version i cann´t load the data file with the script. | > | | > | if i load the data file with same syntax with out the script, i don´t | > | have any problems. | > | | > | x = load ('C:\Test\090811.txt') | > | | > | Error massage with script
| > | error: invalid call to script
|  load is a built-in-function
| | in the Octave's path isn't a load.m file, also on my system i hadn't found a load.m file.
So what is the script that you are calling, and precisely how are you
calling it?

jwe

it is a script to load a data file.
The script is only a m file. At the time no function or call to a function is in the m file, i open only the data file and transfer the value martix to x. I comment the other things out, because at the beginning i thought their is a problem with the other code. But with verion 3.0.3 i hadn't any problems with the code.

To call the m file i go to the folder of the m file in octave and start with "script.m"
The m file and die Data.txt are in the same folder.

Steffen