Yapso scales surf plots wrong?

From: Philip Beadling
Subject: Yapso scales surf plots wrong?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:19:11 +0100

Hi all,

I Stumbled across Yapso today - it has some very nice plotting
functionality.  I can get the examples working fine, but when I try to
plot some of my own data I get a scaling issue.

My data ranges are created using linspace like:

n=50
x = linspace(0,2,n)
y = linspace(20,80,n)
[X,Y] = meshgrid(x,y)
% Z's range is approx 30-50.
Z = func(X,Y)
surf(X,Y,Z,Z)
shading faceted
colorbar

Using the standard Gnuplot this is scaled perfectly.  But with Yapso the
same scale is used for all 3 axis (as far as I can tell).  Hence the x
axis being from 0 to 2 is compressed to the point where the graph looks
really messed up.

First question is - why doesn't Yapso scale automatically, am I missing
something?  I note all the examples on the webpage seem to only have
examples where scales are on the same order of magnitude, so there are
no examples to confirm my issue.

Secondly, if I need to specify that x axis has a much finer granularity
scale how do I do that?

Thanks very much,

Phil