Re: Help-octave Digest, Vol 42, Issue 18

From: Uwe Dippel
Subject: Re: Help-octave Digest, Vol 42, Issue 18
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:39:21 +0800

address@hidden wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:19:17 -0400
From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
Subject: Octave and Eidors
To: Uwe Dippel <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

On 10-Sep-2009, Uwe Dippel wrote:

| I am a total newbie. Not to Unix nor Linux, but to Octave and Eidors. I
| followed what is written on the main site of eidors, but the examples fail:
|
| octave:1> run downloads/eidors-v3.3/startup.m
| warning: isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of
| Octave, please use ischar instead
| EIDORS:[Completed setting up of EIDORS Version 3.3 ($Date: 2008/07/19
| 16:14:18 $)]
| EIDORS:[Parameter: cache_size=100 MB]
| EIDORS:[Parameter: mapped_colour=127]
| EIDORS:[Default background colour: write]
| EIDORS:[EIDORS mex folder:
| /home/udippel/downloads/eidors-v3.3/arch/octave/pc]
| octave:3> run downloads/eidors-v3.3/examples/demo_real.m
| step 1: create FEM model structure
| step 2: create FEM model electrodes definitions
| step 3: create FEM model stimulation and measurement patterns
| step 4: simulate data for homogeneous medium
| step 5: simulate data for inhomogeneous medium
| warning: set: invalid property `Name'
| warning: set: invalid property `EdgeColor'
| error: invalid value = Direct
| error: called from `__patch__' in file
| /usr/share/octave/3.0.1/m/plot/__patch__.m near line 182, column 5

You might have better luck with graphics if you try the current Octave
release, 3.2.2.

Okay, that's the first step. How would this be done most favourably on Ubuntu 9.04? There is a download link that mentions packages (http://octave.sf.net/), but none is to be seen. Of course, I'd prefer a Ubuntu-.deb.

Try using a newer version of Octave. Version 3.2.2 for example.. I
suspect this will work there.. Though you should report to Eidors that
"isstr" is deprecated in Octave

They have changed it in their CVS already; so any next version should have it. I also noticed it in my failed efforts, but it was a warning only.

Uwe