Re: Matrix regression of distnce matrices + non negative least square

From: Corrado
Subject: Re: Matrix regression of distnce matrices + non negative least square
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:21:39 +0100

Dear Jaroslav,

thanks for your help.

I actually do not understand what you are suggesting:

1) The data would be stored in matrices, which I can easily dump into csv files
2) The distance matrices are up to 5000 x 5000 (but they symmetric, so only
n(n-1)/2 are important), but the ones I am using now are just 1500 x 1500.
3) I thought lsqnonneg only worked on linear system in the form y=ax
4) The terms are matrices, how do you write a canonical form???? the x1 ....
xn are matrices (e.g. 1500 x 1500) .... the ci are coefficients in R ....

Regards

--
Corrado Topi

Global Climate Change & Biodiversity Indicators
Area 18,Department of Biology
University of York, York, YO10 5YW, UK
Phone: + 44 (0) 1904 328645, E-mail: address@hidden