Re: Moving polynomial fit

From: macy
Subject: Re: Moving polynomial fit
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 08:38:38 -0700 (PDT)

I had to do something like this for 2 minutes of streaming data once.  The
FOR loop took 20 minutes+ and the array process took 12 seconds!

It went something like this:

Multiply the original vector in such a way as to make a 'shifted' array.

Where each line of the array is your original vector, but shifted slightly.

Then, apply to the array in a single stomp and you should be there

I had to expand the memory octave used, else kept crashing my system when
the data files were up around 20MB

Robert