bfgsmin works for a version but not for the other

From: Márcio Diniz
Subject: bfgsmin works for a version but not for the other
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 08:29:12 -0300

Hi there!
I am using Octave 2.9.9 and the bfgsmin works well. However, the same code does not work when I try to run it in Octave 3.0.1 - the error message is
"warning: bfgsmin: failure, exiting. Try different start values?" even though I am using the same starting values.
Is there any difference between the bfgsmin versions? If not, what is the problem?
Thanks in advance
Marcio Diniz