gnuplot not working in RHEL4 32 bit

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: gnuplot not working in RHEL4 32 bit
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:10:56 -0400

On 31-Aug-2009, Kelvin McCollough wrote:

| I have tried recompiling numerous times but the results have been consistenly
unsatisfying.  It should be noted that I am able to successfully install and
plot on a 64 bit machine with RHEL4.  Here are the error messages - does anyone
know where to look or what might be preventing the tool from working with
gnuplot?

| using octave-3.2.2 with gnuplot 4.3.0.
|
| bones:octave-3.2.2 >run-octave
| warning: lo_ieee_init: unrecognized floating point format!

This is likely your problem.

See this thread:

  https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2009-August/015895.html

jwe