Re: bandpass filter for 2D Data

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: bandpass filter for 2D Data
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:58:15 -0400

On Aug 27, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:

Hi

does anyone have an implementation of a 2D bandpass filter?

Suppose I've 2d data in a matrix of 1000 x 1000 pixels which
represents a spatial extension of 1 m (1 mm per pixel).
Now I'd like to filter away all frequencies below a wavelength of 50
mm and above a wavelength of 150 mm,
so the resulting data should only have frequencies corresponding to
wavelengths between 50 and 150 mm.

Any octave examples for this?

-- Johannes