Re: octave compilation - opensuse 11.1

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: octave compilation - opensuse 11.1
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:21:15 +0200

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Joenat<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried to compile and install octave 3.2.2 on severall opensuse
> 11.1 machines. Therfore I tried to install all necessary libraries and
> programms need as it was mentioned during the configuration process.
> Nearly all *AMD* libraries I couldn't install.
> But still I tried to make the compilation but was getting to one point
> where the compilation stopped every time.
> Just take a look in the file I attached.
> Does someone happens to know about the failure? If yes - where you able
> to solve it and how. Because I would like to install octave 3.2.2 on
> several machines.
> Best wishes and great thanks
> Josef

Install libbz2-devel. This should probably be a dependency of
GraphicsMagick++-devel. Since -lbz2 is not needed explicitly but
rather inferred from GraphicsMagick++-config, erasing it manually from
MAGICK_LIBS in Makeconf should also work.

hth

PS. If you really have the Intel compilers and MKL installed (judging
by the paths I see in your dumps), utilizing those will likely give
you a higher performance Octave binary than the GCC + ATLAS you're
actually using now. OTOH, you won't be able to redistribute the
binaries, should you need to do so.
Also, I strongly advise you against linking any obsolete gcc 3.3.3
runtime libraries in.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek