Getting "help" for mex function

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Getting "help" for mex function
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:04:59 -0600

I can compile and run mex files, but I cannot access the associated .m files for "help" documentation, even though they exist in the same directory in my path. I don't recall this being a problem with 3.0.x, but I see a note about changes in Octave's "help" facilities in the 3.2 NEWS file, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

FWIW, I'm running a custom install of 3.2.0 on Redhat Enterprise 5 (64-bit), linked to mostly custom libraries (ATLAS, Lapack, HDF, etc.), all under my user directory.

-EJR