Re: problem with acos

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: problem with acos
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:59:02 +0200

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM, John W. Eaton<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 29-Jul-2009, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
> | This discussion brings up an implementation question:  should Octave
> | switch to complex acos if the some of the arguments are real and
> | outside the range [-1, 1]?  I suppose that makes the most sense.
>
> I see that this was already done for asin, but somehow we missed
> acos.  I checked in the following change.
>
>  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/bcdf878e2686
>
> Jaroslav, I think this should be safe to apply to the 3.2.x branch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

Done.

Btw., it would help me a little if you avoided extending previously
created ChangeLog entries and rather started new ones. That way, the
transplant does not require manual intervention. Anyway, I think that
extending a previous entry is only sensible if the patches are
related.
cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek