Re: Inverse of Cholesky decomposition

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: Inverse of Cholesky decomposition
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:16:40 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

< Hi All
<
< I have a matrix 'A', and I would like to compute the inverse of the
< Cholesky decomposition, i.e., I would like to do the following
<
<         function retval = inv_of_chol (A)
<           R = chol (A);
<           retval = inv (R);
<         endfunction
<
< Is there some direct way of doing this, or do I have to take the two
< steps in the above code to do this?

See cholinv.

Leo
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.