Re: decoding errors

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: decoding errors
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:10:43 -0400

On Jul 10, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Cecilia Granelli wrote:
I have a problem with errors in octave:
when I do a mistake, instead of receiving a list of errors I made, I get this completely unreadable thing:

error: `2ðHMlerror: HT.HMl
or even this:
0QêÄ7ûerror: `¡HMl
can someone tell me what do I have to do to see them clearly?

Thank you.

What version of Octave are you running, on what operating system?
Did you compile it yourself or download it?
What is an example sequence of commands that produces these errors?

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
University of Manitoba, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy