Re: streamlined output (no

From: ws
Subject: Re: streamlined output (no
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 03:55:46 +0000 (UTC)

> Octave does not have a format mode like this, but most of the routines
> in src/pr-output.cc have a "pr_as_read_syntax" option.  This option
> was originally used for a purpose different from the one you have in
> mind, but maybe it would not be too hard to implement what you want.
> I'd certainly consider a patch.

In terms of useability, what about setting a per session variable?  In the
source (which I haven't grepped for pr_as_read_syntax yet), I would add an if
statement to check said variable?  if the variable is set true, then all output
would be minimalistic and re-parseable as is.  It would probably be good to
eliminate the prompt, and also to flush aggressively.

Thoughts?

We can move to maintainers, I suppose, but it might be nice to get some user
feedback to a new feature.

(I am not much of a C programmer, though I am a mad scripter, so it might be
slow going at first.)

-W