RE: MSVC solution, Makefile or build tips available?

From: Trudgett, David
Subject: RE: MSVC solution, Makefile or build tips available?
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:10:58 +1000

Hi Michael,

> There 2 ways to compile octave with MSVC, but in both cases you are
> on your own (although octave is compilable with MSVC, there's no
> user support for it):
>
> 1) you create your own solution files: one possible way is to
> configure octave with MinGW, inspect the Makefile's and create
> solution file from them
>
> 2) you use compiler wrappers that make MSVC behaves like GCC; I know
> at least 2 of them, namely cccl (older) and wgcc (more recent I
> think); using such wrapper should allow you to use the regular
> configure-based build system of octave within MSYS shell.

Thank you for your pointers. I will look at both methods and see how
far I can get with them.

Much appreciated.

David

David Trudgett
Analyst/Programmer
AAMHatch Pty Limited

Phone : +61 (0) 2 4254 6642
Mobile: +61 (0) 428 823 988
Fax   : +61 (0) 2 4254 6699
Email : address@hidden
Web   : www.aamhatch.com

Attention

Email Disclaimer Notice - This message is the property of AAMHatch. The
information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

If you have received this message in error please notify AAMHatch immediately
via email to address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

This email has been scanned and cleared by NetIQ Mail Marshal, however AAMHatch
does not guarantee this message free of viruses, or interference.