Re: accessing USB equipment

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: accessing USB equipment
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:01:29 +0200

Martijn wrote:
Is it possible to access (USB) equipment, provided that I have the
relevant dll and header files?
Normally I work with octave on Linux, but I probably will only get a
library that can be used on windows. Octave does require cygwin, so I
wonder whether it is possible to compile dynamic loaded octave functions
that call third party dll functions accessing usb equipment. Does
anybody have experience?

I have no particular experience with USB, but yes it is possible to create .oct files that rely on 3rd party dlls, there are in fact quite a lot such .oct files in octave's sources.

So you'd need to go ahead and try it.

benjamin