Re: gnuplot: plots not showing up

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gnuplot: plots not showing up
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 04:42:58 -0400

On Jun 12, 2009, at 2:20 AM, Huub van Niekerk wrote:

Hi,

After loading a mat file, I'm trying to plot a figure like this:

pear = peri_unknown([10:15]);
apple = peri_unknown([1:10, 15:20]);
mean_pear = mean(pear)
mean_apple = mean(apple)
mean_all = mean(peri_unknown)
plot(normpdf(5.5:0.1:8, mean(apple),std(apple)));

However, while I don't get an error and the terminal-title shows "Terminal - gnuplot-4.2.5--209x49" there's not plot visible. Any idea what I may do wrong? Other question: how can I give a specific colour to the graph? I've looked at the "help plot" and tried in the beginning of plot and in the end, but all I get is errors.

Thank you.

Do you get a plot when you do something simple like

        plot(1:10)

To change the color

        x = 1:10;
        plot (x, x^2, 'r')