Hilbert transform y = hilbert(x,n)

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Hilbert transform y = hilbert(x,n)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 07:35:50 -0700

Hello, everyone.

A friend sent me some code he had written for the "dark side." When I tried to execute it in Octave, I got the error

error: `hilbert' undefined near line 11 column 8
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 11, column 6
error: called from `psidot' in file `/Users/jbthoo/Desktop/ NumMethPractice/BurgersHilbert/psidot.m' error: called from `rk_step' in file `/Users/jbthoo/Desktop/ NumMethPractice/BurgersHilbert/rk_step.m'
error: evaluating for command near line 93, column 5
error: evaluating for command near line 91, column 1
error: near line 101 of file `/Users/jbthoo/Desktop/NumMethPractice/ BurgersHilbert/run_amp.m'
octave-3.0.5:4>

When I looked in the file "psidot.m", I saw near the beginning the line

hpsi = hilbert(psi,lx);

so I googled "octave hilbert". This led me to two definitions of "hilbert":

<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2006/001257.html>
<http://www.nabble.com/Hilbert-transform-m-file-contribution- td9238169.html>

However, both of them define

y = hilbert(x)

of one argument instead of two as called in "psidot.m".

How can I modify either of the two definitions that google returned so that I can execute my friend's code?

Thanks.

---John.