Re: attach y2 to y1

From: Martin Weiser
Subject: Re: attach y2 to y1
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:01:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, feldmaus wrote:

Hi All,

i want to attach the result of the discharge function u2 to the result of a
charge function u1 , so how to do that?

T=1e-6
t1=0:0.1e-6:1e-6;
t2=1e-6:0.1e-6:3e-6;
U0=1
u1=U0*(1-exp(-t1/T))
u2=U0*exp(-t2*T)

i do not want to plot to function on one figure.
After this i want to make the fft of u.

Any hints

regards Markus

Hello,
if hints are enough, then: please read the manual - you are not doing anything special.
To be more specific (maybe you are lost, and really need some help...),
(I am not at my Octave machine yet, so check the syntax, please)I would guess
that something like this would work (replace ... with values that are
appropriate):
Start the octave, wait for the prompt. Type in:
T=...
U=...
t1=[...:...:...]; #[lower bound, step, upper bound]
u1=U0.*(1-exp(-t1./T));
u2=U0.*(1-exp(-t2.*T));
plot([u1,u2])

I have no experience with fft and I do not have the will to read the manual for you, but you can find it here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/
Good luck.
Martin W.