How to build ATLAS libraries with mingw gfortran on cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: How to build ATLAS libraries with mingw gfortran on cygwin
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 19:32:16 +0900 (JST)

Hello Benjamin

This is essentially the ATLAS issue but you have already solved this problem.

I have been so far used the ATLAS libraries built using the cygwin GCC-4 and
used the libf77blas.a and
libatlas.a. This might be illegal because the cygwin complier is not compatible
to Mingw one.
However no problem has been occurred in octave 3.0.x.

I have tried the same procedure on the octave 3.2.0, configure script reject to
use the libf77blas.a
and libatlas.a generated by cygwin GCC-4.

I have tried to build atlas libraries  -Si nocygwin 1.
However gcc-mingw on cygwin is still GCC-3.4.4 so that we cannot use for Mingw
GCC-4 because gfortran
is not compatible to g77.

To solve this, one has to use native GCC-4 Mingw compiler for ATLAS build on
cygwin.

I have tried this but I cannot solved to translate cygwin path to windows path.

It will be grateful for me if you will give some suggestions to me.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/