Re: Help on Octave and Notepad++

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: Help on Octave and Notepad++
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 21:35:35 +0200

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Ider-Od Bat-Erdene<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Octave Community,
>
> I am having trouble to run my simple program that is written on Notepad++.
>
> My octave version is 3.0.2.
>
> My program was as simple as: a=[1 2] b=a.*2
>
> How do I run program that is on the editor Notepad++?
> I tried the Run menu (F5) - didn't work.
>
> Please give me some examples and instructions. Thanks a lot!!
>
> Idre

Notepad++ is just a text editor. You must save your script as a text
file (with .m extension) to some directory, and then add the directory
to Octave path - typically, you change Octave's working directory with
"cd" command (in command console) to the directory with your file.
E.g. if your file is C:\myoctavefiles\myscript.m, use command

cd 'C:\myoctavefiles'

and then you can run your script with "myscript" (again in command console).

BTW, you have error in your example code, semicolon is missing after "a=[1 2]".

Regards
Ivan Sutoris