Re: help command

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: help command
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:05:02 +0200

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Francesco Potorti`
<address@hidden> wrote:
> In Octave 3.1.54 the help command returns a brief statement.  In old
> versions, it listed all the known functions and operators.  I
> occasionally found that behaviour very useful, and I miss it.
>
> Is there any way to get such listing with new versions of Octave?

While it is certainly useful, I don't think that "help" should be
doing it. help is likely the first novice's attempt for help; and it
should print something useful and not that horrible paged list it used
to return. One thing that comes close to what you want is
fl = lookfor("-all","")

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek