Re: [For Jaroslav] Warnings compiling OctGPR package

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: [For Jaroslav] Warnings compiling OctGPR package
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:55:24 +0200

tir, 26 05 2009 kl. 16:39 +0200, skrev José Luis García Pallero:
> octave_help_SRhK4J:20: Unknown command `seealso'.
> octave_help_SRhK4J:20: `{' character out of place.
> octave_help_SRhK4J:20: `{' character out of place.
> warning: gen_doc_cache: unusable help text in 'demo_octgpr.m'.
> Ignoring function.
>
> Are this warnings known?

When a package is installed, the help text for all functions are cached
as this allows them to be searched fast using 'lookfor'. What you are
seeing is a warning telling you that the function 'demo_octgpr' contains
an invalid help text and therefore will not be cached.

>From a practical point of view, it's okay to ignore these warnings.

Perhaps we should have a more helpful warning message?

Looking at the texinfo code for 'demo_octgpr' it seems that the problem
is that @seealso is being used twice, which, it would seem,
'__makeinfo__' currently doesn't support. I'll cook up a patch for that
later tonight.

Søren