Max file Size for fwrite function

From: David Kremer
Subject: Max file Size for fwrite function
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:16:04 +0200

Hello everyone,

it seems that octave has a max file size available with the fwrite() i/o
function.

Tonight, I ran a script which write on the disk data matrix with "float"
precision.

The total amount of data should be respectively 2.5 Go and 3.5 Go, but
my two files are given with a size of 2 Go.

So, I lost a big quantity of data. I almost sure I have enough drive
space, so I guess it's a built-in limitation of the fwrite function.

Since I'm not an expert in system programming, I don't know really well
why my file size is limited up to 2 Go.

That could a problem about int max size on 32 bits processor, or
something like that.

I'm running Debian lenny 5.0.1, and the octave version is 3.0.1 [1].

My CPU is Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2080  @ 1.73GHz.

If you know any mean to get over this limitation, please let me know how
to do this.

Thank you very much for your support.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/stable/math/octave3.0