RE: Using LIBSVM with Octave on MAC

From: Sunny Nanuwa
Subject: RE: Using LIBSVM with Octave on MAC
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:32:52 -0400

Hi Thomas

Thank you very much with the help provided.
Your make2.m file worked and I can use the functions created in C/C++ by LIBSVM
in octave under MAC.

What does the parameter "-Wp,-DMX_API_VER=0x07030001" do that '-o' can't?

LIBSVM is a library package for support vector machine classifier.

There is a package that is standalone and packages(with extra functions) that
work with MATLAB/OCTAVE. To use the MATLAB/OCTAVE package requires MATLAB
version higher than 7.2 - which I don't have, anything lower cannot compile
C/C++ files easily or at all. Octave is the alternative to use these functions.

Sunny