Re: gnuplots default font size

From: Matt Funk
Subject: Re: gnuplots default font size
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 10:14:06 -0600

Hi Ben,

On Thursday 07 May 2009, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Thursday, May 07, 2009, at 11:36AM, "Matt Funk" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Sorry to clutter the list with trivial things ...

...  snip ...

> Do I infer correctly that you are running the developers sources (3.1.x)?
Nope.

> If not, what version are you running?
GNU Octave, version 3.0.1

> In any event, to change the default fontsize to 14pts, try adding these to
> your .octaverc
>
> set (0, "defaultaxesfontsize", 14)
> set (0, "defaulttextfontsize", 14)
Is there any way to set this from inside my script? Can i do that via
__gnuplot_set__? If so, what is the syntax?
(I.e. I tried: __gnuplot_set__ (0, "defaultaxesfontsize", 14),
but that doesn't work.)

Is there a better/preferred way to do this since octave tells me that
__gnuplot_set__ is obsolete. Can i set the font size via the print command?
(I am printing my plot to a .png file)

thanks
matt