Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows

From: WMennerich
Subject: Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 02:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote:

> Hello
>
> Please ignore my previous post.
>
> --- maiky76  wrote:
>>
>> As a professional I’d rather give money to the Qtoctave guy than the
>> octave
>> guy it’s unfair but makes more sense as to me: no GUI no Octave (whatever
>> the shell paint job or the speed it can achieve and I don’t really care
>> about the engine as long as it makes things moving forward).
>>
> Qtoctave is just a skin software which enables GUI environment.
> Do you want pay money to the car without engine?
>
> Of course, QtOctave is a good software which give the GUI interface to
> octave.
> However without octave, Qtoctave is mere a box which does not give any
> results to you.
>
> We can't put the octave and Qtoctave in the same arena.
>
> Regards
>
> Tatsuro

That might a problematic point: A lot of users might not be interested in
the difference between octave and its GUI. You just install a GUI (and
octave in the background) and you are impressed about the features of the
software. People might donate to that what they see and not to octave which
works in the background.

Best, Wolfgang