Re: Set default font size and font face

From: Johan Lans
Subject: Re: Set default font size and font face
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:46:15 +0200

I'll try that. Thanks

/Johan

Ben Abbott skrev:

On Apr 27, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Johan Lans wrote:

Ben Abbott skrev:

On Apr 27, 2009, at 4:17 AM, hadoque wrote:

Hi I wonder how to set default font size and font face for plots.
I've managed to set default linewidth with set (0,
"defaultlinelinewidth", 2) and I guess default font is in the same
format, I just can't figure out what the default*name* . thanks a lot
/ Johan

The commands below should do what you want.

set (0, "defaultaxesfontname", "Helvetica")
set (0, "defaultaxesfontsize", 12)
set (0, "defaulttextfontname", "Helvetica")
set (0, "defaulttextfontsize", 12)

If you have problems, let us know what version of octave you are running.

Ben

The text part works fine, the axes part gives an error message

   warning: set: invalid property `fontname'

   warning: set: invalid property `fontsize'

I'm using octave version 3.0.1

/Johan

3.0.5 has just been released. I recommend you upgrade.

    http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

Ben