Re: sound device reset

From: Daye Liu
Subject: Re: sound device reset
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:01:40 -0400

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 10:09 +0200, Thomas Weber wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:41:46PM -0400, Daye Liu wrote:
> > Hello, this might be fixed in more recent version, but we are stuck at 3.0.3
> > due to system permission issues.  Anyway, it won't play because of the
> > ofsndplay does not exist under Fedora.  Is there 'anyway' that this can be
> > circumvented? I tried to reset the global variable sound_play_utility in
> > .octaverc without much luck.  Thanks.
>
> Your bug report leaves some information out, so I'm guessing:
> You are using the octave-forge audio package and it doesn't work. Is
> that correct?
>
> Is the audio package globally installed or can you install a new
> version?

It's not really a bug report, as I noticed you raised the issue
last October, and have it fixed in a few days.  However, we are
stuck with the Octave and Octave-forge.  They are globally
installed.  I am just curious, since it has been a while, has
there been a solution that enables a user to overcome this
locally?